- We run ‘Phonics for Parents’ workshops for any parents or carers who are interested in learning about phonics and how to help your child read and write.
- The one-off workshop is 1 hour long.
- The workshop will be delivered by a qualified primary school teacher.
- We run the workshop online via Zoom.
- £15 (both parents welcome to join!)
AIMS OF THE WORKSHOP:
- This one-off session helps parents and carers to understand what phonics is and learn some key terms.
- It shows you how you can help your child with their phonics at home in reading and writing.
- It helps you to understand how you can help your child with their handwriting.
PHONICS WORKSHOP DATES
Wednesday 11th November 2020 from 10 – 11am
Tuesday 24th November 2020 from 10-11am
“The workshop was very helpful as I didn’t know what phonics was at all, it was totally different from how I learned English as a child. I’m so glad I have learned it now, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to help my son with his school work.” (Kaori)
“I have just attended the virtual ‘Phonics for Parents’ workshop, and I would highly recommend it for anyone with a child starting school soon, or currently in reception or year 1. The presenter Dani was extremely knowledgeable and very clear at explaining what phonics are, how they work and how to support your child’s learning. I wouldn’t have had a clue if I had not attended this workshop and feel so much more prepared now to help my son when he starts school in September. Thank you!” (Charlotte)
“The workshop not only helped us understand phonics, it also gave us advice on how and what we can do to help our children enjoy studying at home.” (Ayako)
“Attending the virtual ‘Phonics for parents’ workshop has been eye opening. I would highly recommend it to any parent whose child is about to start school to understand how spelling and reading will be taught. Dani, the course leader, provided so many insights that will help me especially as a non native speaker to support my daughter. Great investment of my time. Thanks!” (Anja)