You are referred to as ‘the Customer’ or ‘Client’.
The term “Bright Light Education UK LLP” or “us/we/our” refers to the Partners of Bright Light Education UK LLP.
1. Introduction and Purpose of Policy:
Bright Light Education UK LLP maintains a strict policy of Client confidentiality. Bright Light Education UK LLP respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This policy will inform you as to how we look after your personal data and tell you your privacy rights and how the law protects you. This policy is GDPR compliant.
Bright Light Education UK LLP is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions. This policy should be read together with any other data processing notice that we may provide to you on specific occasions, for example when you sign-up for tuition.
Bright Light Education Ltd
72 Dover house road, SW15 5AT
Individuals have a right to make a complaint to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) if they think there is a problem with the way we are handling their data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
3. Changes to this policy and your duty to inform us of changes:
This policy version was updated on the 24th February 2021. It may be changed or amended at our absolute discretion, so you should review it from time-to-time so you are aware of any changes. Any changes will be posted on the website. It is important that the personal data that we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep is informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
4. What do we collect?
Personal data, or personal information, means any kind of information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Identity Data: includes first name, last name, your child’s name, your child’s date of birth, your child’s school year and sometimes your child’s educational background. We collect most of this information from you at the start of tutoring or when changes have been made. During tutoring, we make lesson plans for students and store them on our secure file hosting service. We may ask tutors for details of relevant teaching / tutoring experience.
Contact Data: includes email address, telephone numbers.
Financial Data: includes bank details and payment card details.
Transaction Data: includes details and payments to and from you.
Technical Data: includes login data.
Profile Data: includes purchases or orders made by you, your preferences, feedback and survey responses.
Usage Data: includes how you use our website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
5. If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect specific personal data from you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform our work successfully. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service that you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
6. How is your personal data collected:
We use different methods to collect data from you including:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies and other similar technology.
- Third parties:We may receive personal data from you from other parents or tutors.
7. How we use your personal data:
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- to contact you regarding your child and tuition;
- to improve Bright Light Education UK LLP;
- to ensure we deliver a good service to Clients, Students and tutors;
- we may periodically send promotional newsletters or emails about our work, events, workshops or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- to notify you of any changes to Bright Light Education UK LLP’s service.
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
8. What is our lawful basis for processing personal data?
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you require more information.
- We require our Clients to sign ‘Consent’ for the usage and storage of their personal information. This consent is asked for in the initial sign-up document sent to the client at the start of tutoring. Consent may also be sent via email.
- When starting tuition, we request Identity and Contact information in order for the successful performance of a ‘Contract/Agreement’ with you.
- If you purchase something through us, we may need to process Identity, Financial and Transaction information for our ‘Legitimate Interests’ (to collect payment).
- To manage our relationship with you, we may require Identity, Contact, Profile and Marketing and Communications data from you for the successful performance of a ‘Contract/Agreement’ with you. We may also use it for ‘Legitimate Interests’ (e.g. to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business).
- To administer and protect our business and website, we may need Technical data for the ‘Legitimate Interests’ for running our business
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products, services, marketing and customer relationships, we may use Technical or Usage data for the ‘Legitimate Interests’ for running our business, business growth, and monitoring customer satisfaction.
9. Sharing information with third parties:
Clients: After clients have begun tutoring with us, we may share general information with our other tutors in order to improve our service to you. We will keep your personal information confidential within our small group of tutors and will not pass it on to any 3rd parties unless we are required to do so by law.
Tutors: The information that you provide to Bright Light Education UK LLP forms the basis of a tutor profile. This may include the following information: a photograph, the subjects that you teach, your teaching experience, personal biography, your personal teaching approach, and any testimonials. Once you have given us permission, this profile will be published on the Bright Light Education UK LLP website. We will pass on your contact details to Clients for jobs that you have expressed an interest in. Other than sharing information with our clients we will keep your personal information confidential and will not pass it on to any 3rd parties unless we are required to do so by law.
10. Marketing and Email tracking:
Our newsletters employ tracking so that we can monitor at an individual level whether a recipient has opened the email and what content they have clicked on. We only send our newsletter to recipients who have shown an interest in our company, subscribed via our website or who are past or current clients. Recipients are able to easily unsubscribe from the newsletter if they wish.
11. Change of Purpose:
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
12. International Transfers:
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
13. Access to your data/Your legal rights:
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (2018). If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible using our Contact page. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within a month. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data.
14. Data Security:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. This information that you provide will be stored physically at your tutor’s home in a locked cupboard. It will also be shared online via our secure file hosting service. This online service can only be accessed by the Directors of Bright Light Education UK LLP.
15. How long do we keep your personal data for? How can personal data be deleted?
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it. To consider the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. However, should you want your personal data to be deleted, contact the Partners of Bright Light Education UK LLP and this can be arranged promptly.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
17. Third party sites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. This also applies to the buttons that you will see on our website for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
18. General Website Information
The content of the pages of the website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Bright Light Education UK LLP. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Bright Light Education UK LLP’s prior written consent.
If you have any questions, please contact:
The Partners of Bright Light Education UK LLP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewed/Updated: 24th October 2021