Who we are:
Bright Light Education UK LLP is a private tutoring business run by business partners, Charlotte and Dani, which provides tutoring to school children in maths and English, as well as preparing children for the 11+ examinations.
As a business, we look for tutors who are organised, efficient and dedicated to providing the best possible tuition to our clients. Accordingly, we only take on tutors who we believe can maintain our expected high level of service. All tutors must be qualified teachers with at least 2 years’ teaching experience.
We are professional in our attitude towards teaching and learning. We are dedicated to ensuring that all pupils who are tutored are given enthusiastic and tailored support. We expect our tutors to understand that children learn in different ways (and at different speeds) and therefore they should create stimulating and effective lessons for each and every pupil. We expect our tutors to adapt lessons for those learners with special educational needs and disabilities as well as those considered ‘gifted and talented’.
Why choose us?
We are a group of teachers who strive to deliver a personal, approachable and fantastic service. At the heart of Bright Light Education is a passion for giving children confidence and providing stimulating and engaging lessons. Here are some reasons why tutors choose us:
- We refer clients to our available tutors, allowing tutors to sit back, relax and let the work come to them.
- Tutors have flexibility of their own hourly rate. Essentially, they choose how much they want to charge.
- We do not employ our tutors, so tutors have the benefit of being self-employed.
- Tutors are able to set their own schedule and teach when it works for them.
- Unlike other tutoring companies, there is no joining fee.
Where we work:
The majority of our face-to-face clients are based in West and South London. However, we have a growing number of clients who are looking for online tutoring and this has enabled us to take on tutors who are based elsewhere in the UK.
We are particularly looking for tutors who are experienced in teaching one or more of the following:
- Reception – Year 6 English (phonics, reading, comprehension, writing, grammar, spelling etc).
- Reception – Year 6 Maths
- 11+ preparation
Teaching resources and planning:
As a qualified teacher, we trust that our tutors have the knowledge and expertise to plan and deliver lessons confidently to the clients. Our role as a company is to pass on work to the tutor; we are a “Tutor Referral Agency” and manage all invoicing with the client. The tutor is expected to create their own resources and to schedule in lessons directly with the client.
To become a tutor with Bright Light Education, we require you:
- To have the right to work in the UK as self-employed.
- To be a qualified teacher with Qualified Teacher Status, with 2 years’ teaching experience desirable.
- To hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate and be on the DBS Update Service. We can arrange your DBS Certificate if necessary.
- To complete our Tutor Application Form, which includes further information that we need from you.
- To sign our policies, including Safeguarding, Privacy and Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply:
To apply, please contact us and request our Tutor Job Description and Application Form.