Who we are:
Bright Light Education Ltd is a private tutoring business run by Charlotte and Dani which provides tutoring to school children in maths and English, as well as preparing children for the 11+ examinations.
We are primary school teachers who are organised, efficient and dedicated to providing the best possible tuition to our pupils. Accordingly, we only take on tutors who we believe can maintain our expected high level of service. All tutors must be qualified teachers with at least 2 years teaching experience.
Our application process consists of two stages: Stage 1 is our online application form. Applicants successful at this stage will then proceed to Stage 2 which is a virtual interview with Dani and Charlotte. At this interview, you will be asked about your teaching experience, qualifications, positions of responsibility and any other relevant experience. If you are successful at Stage 2, we will invite you to join Bright Light Education as a tutor dependent upon receiving an enhanced DBS Certificate, two positive references, a qualifications and identification check and verification of your right to work in the UK.
All tutors are required to have an enhanced DBS check (we will talk directly to you about how to do this if you do not have one already).
We are professional in our attitude towards teaching and learning. We are dedicated to ensuring that all the pupils who are tutored are given enthusiastic and tailored support. We expect our tutors to understand that children learn in different ways (and at different speeds) and therefore they should create stimulating and effective lessons for each and every pupil. We expect our tutors to adapt lessons for those learners with special educational needs and disabilities as well as those considered ‘gifted and talented’.
Why choose us?
We are a group of teachers who strive to deliver a personal, approachable and fantastic service. At the heart of Bright Light Education is a passion for giving children confidence and providing stimulating and engaging lessons. Here are some reasons why tutors choose us:
- We refer clients who contact us for tutoring to our available tutors, allowing tutors to sit back, relax and let the work come to them.
- Tutors have flexibility of their own hourly rate. Essentially, they choose how much they want to charge.
- We do not employ our tutors, so the tutors have the benefit of being self-employed.
- Tutors are able to set their own schedule and teach when it works for them.
- Unlike other tutoring companies, there is no joining fee.
For all this, we take 20% of your fee per tutored hour. For example, if you choose to charge £50/hr, then you will receive £40/hr.
If you accept the offer to join as a tutor, your photo will be added to our website and when we receive enquiries for tutors in your area we will pass on your details to the prospective client.
You are not employed by Bright Light Education Ltd and you are responsible for your own tutoring sessions. You are still allowed to tutor other people who you find independently from Bright Light Education Ltd.
To become a tutor with Bright Light Education, we require you:
- To have the right to work in the UK as self-employed.
- To be a qualified teacher with Qualified Teacher Status, with 2 years’ teaching experience desirable.
- To hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate (we can arrange this for you if necessary).
- To complete our Tutor Application Form, which includes further information that we need from you.
- To sign our policies, including Safeguarding, Privacy and Terms and Conditions.
We require you to sign a simple Contract and Code of Conduct, which lays out the terms of the relationship. This contract includes similar information to the content of this document.
It is possible that we will share private information about our company with you, as well as any future plans. Therefore, we ask that you sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Good practice / Trust
We have invested a lot in our company and our reputation is of paramount importance to us. We hope that all tutors who join Bright Light Education share our high standards and dedication to providing the best quality of teaching. We welcome any comments from tutors as to how our service can be improved.