Years 2-3 Creative Writing Club: Smashing Story Skills
We are thrilled to run this online Years 2-3 Creative Writing Club: Smashing Story Skills. The club teaches different skills, encouraging children to unlock their creative minds and discover a love for writing! Suitable for children aged 6-8 years.
*EMAIL US TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST*
“My daughter really enjoys the creative writing club and it helps her English a lot. She’s learned skills on how to write a story in detail as well as new vocabulary. The tutor is an excellent teacher, well prepared, structured and always find a way to motivate my daughter. I would highly recommend this course.” (parent)
All course prices are inclusive of VAT. If you are based outside of the UK, the course price (without VAT) will be updated at checkout.
*EMAIL US TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST*
We are thrilled to run our online Smashing Story Skills Creative Writing Club for Years 2-3 children (ages 6-8). Your child must be in Year 2 or Year 3 (or the equivalent if outside the UK). The club teaches different skills, encouraging children to unlock their creative minds and discover a love for writing! Please contact us directly to be added to the waiting list.
- Each session is for 1 hour.
- The club runs for 12-weeks throughout a term.
- There will be a maximum of 6 children per class.
- The course is led by a highly experienced teacher.
- It takes place online.
- £360 (£30 per hour, plus marking of homework)
- Please choose to pay via PayPal at the checkout if you would like to pay in instalments.
- Once booked, places are non-refundable as stated in our Terms and Conditions.
- We engage with self-employed tutors to run our courses on behalf of our business. The tutors running our courses are qualified teachers with exemplary references. The tutors will communicate directly with the clients regarding how they will carry out their service to you, including any details regarding homework. All course tutors hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate and are signed up to the Update Service.
- Is your child eligible for free school meals (FSM) and as a result, their school in receipt of pupil premium funding? This only applies to children at schools in England. If so, please let us know if you would like to join our “FSM Waiting List”. We work with volunteer tutors to deliver a limited number of courses for free specifically for children on Free School Meals.
AUTUMN TERM 2023
OPTION A: *SOLD O UT*
Time: Tuesdays 4.30-5.30pm
Dates: 12th September, 19th September, 26th September, 3rd October, 10th October, 17th October, 31st October, 7th November, 14th November, 21st November, 28th November, 5th December.
NB: There is no lesson on 24th October for the half term holiday.
Smashing Story Skills Club Details:
In the first 6-weeks of the club, the children focus on developing their vocabulary and writing skills, using the picture books "Odd Dog Out" by Rob Biddulph and "Billy and the Dragon" by Nadia Shireen to inspire their learning. Topics in this course include colour adjectives, appearance adjectives, feelings and senses, weather descriptions and how to include these skills to develop a story. Children do not need their own copies of these books as they are simply used to inspire learning.
In the second 6-weeks of the club, the children focus on developing their reading and writing skills by writing for different purposes, using Hotel Flamingo by Alex Milway to support their learning. Topics in this course include letter writing, persuasive writing, diary writing, information texts, comic strips and writing a newspaper article.
Parents need to purchase a copy of Hotel Flamingo (the first book in the series) for this club.
Would you like to try out a Taster Lesson before booking? View our upcoming Taster Sessions.