11+ Interview Practice Workshop:
This online 1.5 hour workshop is for any child wishing to prepare for an 11+ interview as part of a school entrance examination. There will be a maximum of 6 children in the group and the workshop will take place via Zoom.
The workshop starts with some confidence boosting activities, aimed at encouraging children to think about their own qualities and what makes them special. We will try to nurture a growth mindset amongst the children so that they feel enthusiastic about participating in an interview and excited to share their knowledge, experiences and ideas with their interviewer.
Next, we will focus on reading and responding to a range of interview questions. Topics include:
– You and your family (including personal achievements);
– You and your school (including school based activities and achievements);
– The school to which you are applying;
– Responding to unusual questions on the spot;
– Responding to moral, ethical and dilemma based questions;
– Science and maths based questions;
– Describing an image;
– Reading a poem/passage;
– Current affairs
The cost of the workshop is £40.
We also offer a twenty minute 1:1 mock interview, held via Zoom. It is recommended to take this after the Interview Practice Workshop. After the interview, written detailed feedback will be sent via email. The cost of the mock interview is £45. Once purchased, you will receive the tutor’s contact details and mock interviews will be booked directly with the tutor.