Years 2-3 Creative Writing: Imaginative Ideas
We are thrilled to run our wonderful online Year 2 and Year 3 Creative Writing Club. The club teaches different skills, encouraging children to unlock their creative minds and discover a love for writing! Suitable for children aged 6-8 years.
*BOOK NOW FOR SPRING 2024*
“The Ideas Book is the best thing my child has produced from a course! My son loves it and uses it all the time in his writing. Such a brilliant idea! I would very much recommend this course to all children who want to have a solid foundation in creative writing and learn how to get descriptive ideas flowing.” (Parent)
All course prices are inclusive of VAT. If you are based outside of the UK, the course price (without VAT) will be updated at checkout.
We are thrilled to run our wonderful online Creative Writing Club for Year 2 and Year 3 children (ages 6-8). Your child must be in Year 2 or Year 3 (or the equivalent if outside the UK). The club teaches different skills, encouraging children to unlock their creative minds and discover a love for writing!
- Each session is for 1 hour.
- The club runs for 12-weeks throughout a term.
- There will be a maximum of 6 children per class.
- The course is led by a highly experienced teacher.
- It takes place online.
- £360 (£30 per hour, plus marking of homework)
- Please email us directly if you would like to pay in two instalments.
- Once booked, places are non-refundable as stated in our Terms and Conditions.
- We engage with self-employed tutors to run our courses on behalf of our business. The tutors running our courses are qualified teachers with exemplary references. The tutors will communicate directly with the clients regarding how they will carry out their service to you, including any details regarding homework. All course tutors hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate and are signed up to the Update Service.
- Is your child eligible for free school meals (FSM) and as a result, their school in receipt of pupil premium funding? This only applies to children at schools in England. If so, please let us know if you would like to join our “FSM Waiting List”. We work with volunteer tutors to deliver a limited number of courses for free specifically for children on Free School Meals.
SPRING TERM 2024
OPTION A: *BOOK NOW*
When: Tuesdays 4.30 – 5.30pm
Dates: 2nd January, 9th January, 16th January, 23rd January, 30th January, 6th February, 20th February, 27th February, 5th March, 12th March, 19th March, 26th March
NB: No lesson on the 13th February due to half term.
This 12-week club focuses on the wonderful device, "Show Don't Tell" to describe emotions, the weather and settings. Each week, the children will learn how to create descriptive sentences based on a theme, using ambitious vocabulary and figurative language to strengthen the imagery in their writing. The children will practise creating similes, metaphors, personification, hyperbole, alliteration and onomatopoeia as well as practising how to develop their sentence structures through powerful adjectives, adverbs and verbs.
One aim of the course is to create an "Ideas Book". This book will be unique to each child; a book which they can use for many years to find inspiration when writing. Secondly, the children will learn how to use their sentences when writing different sections of a story. By the end of the course, the children will feel confident that they can add descriptive sentences into their own stories, showing an understanding of how imagery through the "Show Don't Tell" device can help to capture the imagination of their readers.