Creative Writing: Writing for Different Purposes
*EMAIL US TO JOIN OUR WAITING LIST*
Our 12-week “Creative Writing: Writing for Different Purposes” course has been specially designed for Years 4-6 children, including those taking the 11+ exams. The aim of the course is to build and feed your child’s love of creative writing through writing for different purposes. This course follows on from our original course, “Creative Writing: Core Skills and Story Writing”. Suitable for children aged 8-11 years.
All course prices are inclusive of VAT. If you are based outside of the UK, the course price (without VAT) will be updated at checkout.
Our 12-week "Creative Writing: Writing for Different Purposes" course has been specially designed for Years 4-6 children (ages 8-11), including those taking the 11+ exams. The aim of the course is to build and feed your child's love of creative writing through writing for different purposes. It seeks to inspire and encourage a love of writing and will be fun-filled but with hard work along the way! This course follows on from our original course, "Creative Writing: Core Skills and Story Writing". It is recommended that your child attends our "Creative Writing: Core Skills and Story Writing" course first.
Throughout this course, the children learn to write for different purposes. Alongside the course, the children will read "The Boy at the Back of the Class," by Onjali Q Rauf, which needs to be purchased by the client. This novel offers a child's perspective on the plight of refugees, and highlights the importance of kindness and friendship in a world that does not always make sense to them. Each week, the children will practise a different style of writing. This includes:
- Recount writing
- Discursive writing
- Autobiographical writing
- Writing the next chapter
- Formal persuasive letter writing
- Descriptive writing
- Newspaper report writing
- Ending the story
- Book analysis
- Writing a story (two lessons will be devoted to writing a story and re-capping skills learned in the "Creative Writing: Core Skills and Story Writing" course)
Within each lesson, the children will learn how to structure these pieces of writing; new vocabulary; sentence structures; specific features of each style and more!
- Each session is for 1.5 hours.
- There will be a maximum of 6 children per class.
- Fully interactive with homework set and in-depth marking.
- The course is led by a highly experienced teacher.
- It takes place online.
- £540 (equivalent to £30 per hour, plus marking of homework)
- Please choose to pay via PayPal at the checkout if you would like to pay in instalments.
- Once booked, places are non-refundable as stated in our Terms and Conditions.
- We have a specific waiting list for children who are eligible for Free School Meals. If we have spaces on a course, these children will be offered a free space. Contact us if you would like to join this waiting list.
- We engage with self-employed tutors to run our courses on behalf of our business. The tutors running our courses are qualified teachers with exemplary references. The tutors will communicate directly with the clients regarding how they will carry out their service to you, including any details regarding homework. All course tutors hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate and are signed up to the Update Service.
For further information, please email email@example.com.
.AUTUMN TERM 2023
Time: Wednesdays 4.30 – 6pm
Dates: 13th September 2023, 20th September, 27th September, 4th October, 11th October, 18th October, 1st November, 8th November, 15th November, 22nd November, 29th November, 6th December.
NB: There is no lesson on the 25th October for the half term holiday.
SPRING TERM 2024
OPTION A: *FULLY BOOKED*
Time: Saturdays 9-10.30am
Dates: 6th January, 13th January, 20th January, 27th January, 3rd February, 10th February, 24th February, 2nd March, 9th March, 16th March, 23rd March, 30th March.
NB: There is no lesson on the 17th February for the half term holiday.
Tutor: Charlotte B
*EMAIL US TO JOIN OUR WAITING LIST*