Thank you for attending our ‘Phonics for Parents’ workshop.
We hope you enjoyed it and you feel ready to support your child with their understanding of phonics, reading, writing and spelling!
On this page are some resources that you may find useful.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any more advice.
Just a note:
Bright Light Education was created with the desire to support primary school children with their education. Our growth largely depends on word-of-mouth and parent recommendations. We would be so grateful if you could help to spread the word about us! Write us a Facebook or Google review (or both!). Tell your friends and nursery/school parents. If you have friends who would like to attend our ‘Phonics for Parents’ workshop, they can use the code FRIENDS to get a £5 discount. Let them know!
Thank you and best wishes, Charlotte and Dani
- Phase 1 Activities – This is a list of activities that you could play with your pre-school child to help develop their sounds, rhythm and rhyme.
- Phonics Glossary of terms – This reminds you of all the key words that we taught you and which your child may start using in Reception and year 1.
- Phases 2 3 4 5 Sound Mats – These show you what sounds your child will learn and how to pronounce the sounds (using the images as a guide!)
- Phase 2 to 5 Tricky Words – These are the tricky words that your child will need to learn which are not phonetic.
- High Frequency Word List – Here are the 100 most common words that your child should be able to read and spell. They are a mixture of phonetic and tricky words.
- Letter Formation Sheet – This sheet shows you how your child should form their letters.
- Reading Schemes Comparison Chart – This chart helps you to understand what level your child is at with reading.
There are also some videos below which show you how to pronounce the sounds!
If you are ever interested in finding a 1:1 tutor for your child, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We have some fabulous tutors who specialise in phonics and early years. All have DBS checks and are qualified teachers.
Creative Writing Course
We run online Creative Writing Courses for years 1-6! These are highly popular and teach children all the vital skills for writing in an enjoyable way. Lessons are interactive and taught by creative writing specialist teachers.
If your child ever needs support with their handwriting, Charlotte is a trained teacher in the Magic Link Handwriting Programme® which teaches neat, cursive, joined-up handwriting in 30 simple steps.