I believe that learning should be engaging, purposeful and challenging for pupils to thrive and build confidence. I am an experienced, passionate and nurturing teacher, with 10 years teaching experience from Reception to Year 4. I enjoy tutoring as I can offer personalised learning suited to the child’s needs, learning styles and interests.
With exceptional organisation and a wide range of teaching resources, I’m confident with adapting my planning where appropriate. I possess excellent subject knowledge and a solid understanding of National Curriculum requirements.
- Reception and KS1 Maths and English
- Reception and KS1 Phonics, Reading and Handwriting
- KS1 SATS
- Year 1 Phonics Screening
- KS1 and Lower KS2 catch up tuition
- 10 years Primary teaching experience
- Supply teacher (Sept 2018 – present) (Reception – Year 4)
- Key Stage 1 including Year 1 and Year 2 (4 years)
- Catch up Tutor with the National Tuition Programme Year 2 and Year 3
- Private Tutor Online and Face to Face including EAL (2020 – present)
- Reception and Nursery Supply Teacher Cover in 2 schools (1 Year)
- RE Subject leader (in two schools)
- Camp America University of Texas working with Gifted and Talented children aged 5-7 years.
- Nursery Nurse experience (2 years)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- BA (Hons) Primary Initial Teacher Education: Later Years (5-11 years)
- BTEC Level 3 Children’s Care Learning and Development (0-5 years)
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
“I have just been talking to my son. He is absolutely buzzing! He really seems to be enjoying the tutor time he has on a Monday afternoon. Today especially, I have heard nothing but giggles coming from him. He didn’t want it to end!! So I just wanted to say Thank you for organising this for my son and for the extra support. Please do pass my thanks on to his tutor too, her time is very much appreciated.” (Parent)
“My daughter is responding so well to tutoring, she is absolutely killing it at school! The difference you have made is incredible”. (Parent)
“Our family moved from Hong Kong to the UK a year ago and everything was new to us, especially for my son. The UK school curriculum is totally different to Hong Kong, and he had been placed into year 3, whereas in Hong Kong he was in year 2. There was a lot of catching up to do in all subjects, but especially English which is not our first language. Fortunately, we found Kate who understands our situation and helps my son to build up his knowledge and confidence in both Maths & English. My son loves the lessons with Kate, and we are very happy with her teaching. I would highly recommend Kate!” (Parent)