I have experience of teaching in many educational environments in the UK and abroad. I have worked as a primary teacher, home-school teacher, as well as a TEFL teacher. Moreover, I have taught creative writing, poetry and journalism in international schools and state schools in Hong Kong with English speakers and EAL learners.
I have a passion for the English Language, its grammar, rich vocabulary and many written forms. I seek to pass this enthusiasm on to my students in a manner that suits their personality and learning style. As a teacher, I aim to assess a child’s needs carefully and then adapt my teaching style and materials. I work to make lessons fun, engaging and challenging to the just-right level.
As a parent with two daughters now at university, I understand the joys and the pressures of the role. Also, I understand what it is like to raise children in the UK and abroad and have some understanding of the US education system and the PYP. Furthermore, as a writer and student of writing, I have an awareness of the process and how it can be both exhilarating and frustrating and how to develop confidence and resilience.
I teach in person and online.
- English to Reception, KS1 and KS2
- Creative writing specialist for all ages.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Reception and KS1 teacher
- Class Teacher Reception to Year 4.
- Tutor in Hong Kong Nursery to Year 3.
- Creative writing, literary analysis and journalism teacher Reception to Year 8.
- BA Hons in European Studies and Modern Languages (French major)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Enhanced DBS certificate.
“Becky is fantastic. She prepares well for the lesson, provides feedback at the end of each lesson and crucially my daughter is engaged and learning. English has become less of a chore in our house.” (Elizabeth, parent)
“Becky is brilliant. My daughter is really enjoying her lessons with her and it has been a very positive experience thus far.” (Louise, parent)
To find out more:
For more information, please CONTACT US or call us on 07774 102624.