I am a dedicated and creative teacher with a wealth of experience across both KS1 and KS2. I believe in making learning fun and enjoyable for the children I teach, and am committed to helping them reach their full potential. Using a targeted approach, I take time to really get to know my pupils and cater my lessons to their individual strengths and areas of development.
I have experience in both the state and independent sectors and in preparing for the 11 plus, including the teaching of verbal and non-verbal reasoning from age 7 upwards.
Throughout my time in schools, I’ve seen the positive impact that a good teacher-parent partnership has. My aim is to work hard to ensure it is collaborative, offering continual feedback and always being on hand to help.
- KS2 English, Maths, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
- 11+ exam preparation and school entrance
- Year 6 Class Teacher (2 years)
- Year 4 Class Teacher (2 years)
- KS1/2 Class Teacher (2 years)
- SEND Experience, including dyslexia
- History and Geography Lead
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education with Merit (PGCE)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- BA (Hons) English Literature, First Class Honours
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
“April ran fun and stimulating lessons for my daughter. My daughter looked forward to lessons with April because she was learning without it feeling like she was sitting in a maths lesson at school. April used real life examples to help coach my daughter through the Yr 4 and 5 curriculum.
Thank you for putting us in touch with April, and thank you Bright Light Education for your professional and friendly service.”(Kate, parent)
To find out more:
For more information, please CONTACT US or call us on 07774 102624.